Monday 16 May 2011

Foodspotting mobile App for iOS and Android

Foodspotting 2011, Foodspotting: a visual guide to good food and where to find it, New York, viewed 16 May 2010, <http://www.foodspotting.com/apps>.

While I freely confess to being a tech geek, I have to admit that I only joined the smartphone set late last year when I bought my first iPhone.  It was a momentous occasion, and soon after I decided to explore what I could do with it.  I had a couple of late shifts at the library at the time and often I would venture down the eateries near Lygon St. for dinner.  I often told my friends how good and cheap the food was around that area, being so close to the university, but I've never had the chance to show them.  Until now:  introducing Foodspotting for mobile devices.  Foodspotting is a location-based service for iOS and Android devices which allows users to upload and share interesting food photos along with their reviews and recommendations with other users of the app.  Depending on where you are, Foodspotting can also generate a list of recommended eateries based on these user reviews which can also be narrowed down based on what's close, recent uploads and most recommended places.  For the tech-savvy gourmet and the foodie-on-the-go, this app definitely an app to pick up. W.V.

Foodspotting Lite for Android
Foodspotting for iOS

1 comment:

  1. awesome I put-off buying this for months, despite positive reviews.

    ReplyDelete